Pins & Needles Tattoo and Body Piercing Studio
* Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of getting a tattoo.
We cannot, & WILL NOT, tattoo you if you are under the influence.
* Make sure you bring a valid government-issued ID, driver’s license or passport.
* If you are underage then it is YOUR responsibility to read our underage policy & bring all necessary paperwork BEFORE getting tattooed.
* No children under the age of 13 are allowed in the shop.
* There might be a wait so bring something to help pass the time.
We are a busy shop & while there is not always a wait we cannot guarantee
there will not be. Even if you have an appointment sometimes the person getting tattooed before you might take a fraction longer than planned. A good book, smart phone (& a charger), tablet or headphones are a good way to pass the time &/or keep you distracted while being tattooed as well.
* Get a good night of sleep the night before.
* Eat something before coming in to get tattooed.
It is important that you have eaten something before your procedure so you do not get light-headed while being tattooed. There is pain involved & you don’t want to add passing out into the mix.
* Stay hydrated.
Drink lots of water before getting tattooed. Aside from hydration it also prevents feeling light headed during the process.
* Wear comfortable clothing.
Dress appropriately for where you will be getting tattooed. You will want to wear clothes that allow easy access to the particular area to be tattooed. Avoid tight & restrictive clothing. Wear something that you don’t mind being ruined as sometimes tattoo ink does stain clothing. Assume you will be in the chair for a while so dress for comfort.
* No one is allowed in the tattoo booth aside from the artist & the client.
* If you are on certain medications we reserve the right to refuse service.
If, within the previous nine months of getting your tattoo, you have used the product Isotretinoin (more commonly known by their brand names as Accutane, Myorisan, Amnesteem, Claravis, Absorbica & Zenatane) then we cannot tattoo you. Sometime’s a doctor’s note is all you need depending on your medical condition. If you are not sure about how your body will interact with the tattoo process or the different inks that are used then contact your medical provider first.
What to expect while getting tattooed:
* Yes it will hurt.
* Be prepared to sit still & calm.
A new tattoo depending on size, can take anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours. Make sure you are able to remain calm & still as much as possible during the process. If you feel you need to take a break make sure to let the artist know. Don’t be afraid to ask, they really don’t mind. Limit the breaks to as few as possible. The longer it takes to complete the session the more pain you will have to endure.
* If you are not feeling well during the tattoo.
PLEASE let the artist know immediately if you are feeling light headed, nauseous, dizzy &/or confused before, during or immediately after the procedure.
* You may need to sit in awkward position.
Be prepared to sit in a not so comfortable way. Sometimes the artist may need to put you in an uncomfortable position to be able to reach the area being tattooed as well as being able to stretch the skin. If a body part starts to go numb & you need to adjust how you are sitting don’t be afraid to communicate this to the artist. We strive to make the tattoo process as comfortable as possible.
* Pay attention to what the artist is asking you.
Sometimes the artist might have to put themselves into other positions. Sometimes they might ask you to breathe or stop moving around. Make sure you are listening to what they say.
* Don’t rush the tattoo artist.
These are trained professionals so let them take their time & make the experience as comfortable & complete as they can for you. We want you to walk out of here with an amazing tattoo & an amazing experience.
What to do after the tattoo session is complete:
* The artist will clean the tattoo off & allow you to look at it in the mirror for your inspection & satisfaction. Upon your approval the artist will wrap your tattoo, give you Aftercare ointment and send you home with a complete set of written instructions on how to care for your new tattoo.
* You must follow what we tell you for the aftercare of your tattoo.
We are licensed professionals & we have been doing this a long time. We know what is best for your healing process. PLEASE do not listen to your friend or anyone else on how best to care for your tattoo. Unless you knowingly may have an allergic reaction to what we recommend (in which case you must let us know immediately) do not use anything other than what we tell you to use or do. Products used other than what we suggest may cause major infections or other complications.
* The tattoo industry is a service industry.
Yes, you should tip your artist. There is no set percentage as to what you should tip. However, if you love your new skin art & are happy with your experience a 15% to 20% tip is appreciated & let’s the artist know that they did a spectacular job.
* We guarantee our tattoos.
Each artist is an independent contractor & will gladly “touch up” you're tattoo if it should need it. Please keep in mind that if a touch up is required you must see the original artist who did your tattoo. Communicate with the original artist as to what is needed/desired. If you have done something detrimental to your tattoo (i.e.-had others work on it, avoided/ignored the Aftercare instructions, excetra excetra) then the original artist reserves the right to charge you for said touch up.
There is an exception to this guarantee as we do not guarantee any fingers, hands, toes, and feet. These particular areas don't always take to the ink well and the original artist will charge you a fee to touch these areas up.
* If you had a good experience…
Please let us know by reviewing this on google, Facebook or any other sort of review platform. If you take a picture please tag us in it. Instagram is @pinsbrockton. We love learning when we have done a great job. We love hearing when we have met, & hopefully exceeded your expectations. There is no greater way to show you had a great experience with us than by recommending us to your friends and family.
* If you had a negative experience…
Please feel free to let the artist know by contacting them directly. We will do our best to fix and rectify the situation within reason. We are always glad to hear your feedback so, if unsatisfied, we can do better in the future.
Lastly, please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns you may have.