PIERCING AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not touch piercing with dirty hands. Wash hands thoroughly, then wash piercing with a basic anti-bacterial soap (It’s recommended to clean piercing in the shower).
- Only wash with antibacterial soap in the morning and at night. OVER CLEANING could cause irritation.
- Wet area with warm water to loosen crusted matter.
- Move jewelry up and down getting soap inside the pierced area.
- Make sure to completely rinse all soap inside the pierced area after letting soak for several minutes.
CARE - SEA SALT AFTERCARE
- Anti-bacterial soap will clean the piercing but provided sea salt aftercare is recommended to heal.
- Mix the whole bag of sea salt provided in a 16.9 oz bottle of water (Poland spring) shake up the bottle. This is now your aftercare solution for the remainder of healing process.
- Clean you’r piercing every day with sea salt starting today.
- Pour the solution into a cup or shot glass, warm water up in microwave for about 10 - 15 seconds.
- Take a cotton ball or sterile gauze pad and place in solution until absorbed.
- Soak piercing 10 minutes everyday.
- Follow these steps for the first 2 weeks.
- The next 4 weeks I want you to still follow these steps but start to do it less and less as the weeks go on.
- DO NOT CHANGE OR REMOVE JEWELRY FOR 8-12 WEEKS. If changing to a hoop our recommendation is to wait the entire 12 weeks.
- No sharing drinks, eating utensils, or Body fluids. This is an open wound and diseases can be transferred.
- No smoking or drinking for the first 24 hours, and be sure to avoid beer throughout the healing process.
- Mix bag of sea salt provided into a 16.9 oz bottle of water (poland Spring bottle) shake well. This is now you’r aftercare solution.
- Rinse your mouth with this solution in the morning and at night. Rinse twice a day.
- Anytime you eat, drink anything other than water or smoke anything, rinse with a non alcohol based mouthwash. We recommend LISTERINE ZERO or BIOTENE rinses.
- For swelling, suck on ice, drink cold beverages, and use Ibuprofen as directed on bottle.
- When eating with your new oral piercing, stick to soft, easy to chew foods, taking small bites to avoid biting down on the balls or discs inside your mouth.
- It’s recommended to downsize jewelry once the swelling has subsided by one of our professional piercers.
- Clean Area twice a day with anti-bacterial soap and water. NOTHING ELSE.
- Avoid sexual and oral contact and be sure to use condoms and lubricant to protect the piercing during the healing period.
- For microdermals never try to rotate, move, pull, or remove.
- Gently clean around the piercing with anti-bacterial soap.
- Follow sea salt care instructions above.
- Keep a small round band-aid on for the first week 24/7.
- Please change the band-aid after every cleaning.
- For the second week cover with the band aid only at night.
- The third week you can remove the band aid and you don’t have to cover it anymore.
- Do not change the tops for 3 months.
THINGS THAT ARE NORMAL DURING THE HEALING PROCESS
- red , discolored, irritated, crusty, swollen, these are all normal the first few weeks.
DO NOT GO INTO POOLS, LAKES, PONDS FOR A MINIMUM OF 3-4 WEEKS.
KEEP YOUR PIERCING CLEAN IT IS AN OPEN WOUND.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL US AT 508-586-8287